Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Pretty, Old Rowhouse is a Pretty Old Rowhouse


Real Estate Photo, March 2015- Front View
A few weeks ago, I bought a house. It still feels weird to say! 

Real Estate Photo, March 2015- Living Room
Built in 1938, this rowhouse had essentially been in the same family since the beginning. I definitely feel privileged to have been able to purchase this home with all its Baltimore charm. It has amazing hardwood floors, nearly 9 foot tall ceilings on the main level, and beautiful original yellow and black art deco tiles in the bathroom.  

Real Estate Photo, March 2015- Dining Room


It's an English Row style, which is typical of Baltimore County rowhomes built before World War II. It is all brick construction and there are three levels. The main level has the tallest ceilings and includes the living room, dining room, and kitchen. The 3 bedrooms and bathroom are upstairs. 


I'm just hanging out in the tub, dreaming of future bubble baths.
The basement is a finished open area, with a bathroom and separate utility area with laundry. There’s also an attached garage but there’s no access from inside the house. Kind of odd but it works. There is a huge front porch and a little back patio off the kitchen.

I could tell that the house was very well maintained. Aside from the appliances, the kitchen was original and in overall good shape. However, with the lack of counter space and no dishwasher, it just wouldn't have been efficient for me. Because of this, I'm undertaking a kitchen remodel. It's been fun dreaming and planning but stressful. Keep following along in the coming weeks to see how it's going!

Real Estate Photo, March 2015- Kitchen


I plan to share pictures from the renovation as well as tips and advice I picked up along the way.


Welcome to The Pretty Old Rowhouse!

4 comments:

  1. Love the home and I am excited to see what you have in store for it. Did you make sure to paint those nails before taking that pic or are they always on point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so envious! I'm going to be stalking your home improvement projects. Congratulations, home owner!! Your house is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete