Monday, August 24, 2015

I Think We Have a Kitchen!


Finally after much anticipation, countertops, appliances, the sink and faucet, and most of the cabinet hardware was installed.
I love my pretty countertops (Corian in Raincloud)


Hopefully I won't have too many dishes to wash, but this deep sink is perfectly capable of handling them.

Starting to look like a normal kitchen now.

I started with installing the shelves.
These are the pegs that hold the shelves up int he cabinet. So super easy.


Not so pretty under-the-sink. Eventually, there will be a pull-out waste sort bin. For now, there'll be just two doors.

The hinges were a lot easier to install than I thought they would be. Just pop it in, tighten the screws, and stick on the hinge. They're shockingly stable once installed correctly.
Hinges and door attached!

Uh oh, the doors don't align. Fortunately, IKEA has built in the solution to this problem. The screws within each hinge can be tightened or loosened up or down so that the door will slide whichever way you need it to.

The top aligned, but then the bottom went out of line. No worries!

Doors all done and aligned properly! Also, I got by with a little help from my FRIENDS.


Closer and closer.

I finally chose hardware. It took me 2 months but I found these at Target of all places. I even almost took these back but then I realized, there will always be the perfect something somewhere else. So I just let this be perfect for now.

Pulls for the lower cabinets
Knobs for the upper cabinets. They have a slight dimply texture that bounces the light and makes them sparkle.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment