Monday, August 17, 2015

Your Kitchen is WHAT Color??


Mmm delicious pink...

I had decided long before I bought my house that I wanted a pink kitchen. Although I changed my mind a couple of times, I always came back to the pink. It seemed interesting, different, and very feminine. If you don't already know, pink is a difficult color to get right. There's hot pink. There's baby pink. There are pinks that look grayish, pinks that lean lavender, and really orangey looking pinks. I had a bit of a time finding the perfect one but I finally decided on Bayview Coral by HGTV for Sherwin Williams [HGSW1107]. It was just the warm blush pink I was looking for. I tested a sample on the wall and really liked it. After the full kitchen was painted, I LOVED it! It makes me feel really happy walking through there, especially in the afternoon light.

The upper cabinets hadn't been painted yet.







The trim above the wainscot and my temporary paper blinds. 
Finally the upper cabinets were painted and doors put back on. They match the IKEA doors,
beadboard wainscot, and door and window trim. My contractor cut the doors so I could have glass. 
Original doors with glass inserts.


I still haven’t chosen cabinet hardware and time is rapidly approaching. I'm so indecisive about this very important detail. I've looked at hundreds of different pulls and knobs and can't settle on a set. It's very frustrating. I did purchase a knob and pull to see how I liked it. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling so I'll probably keep looking.
It's okay but still kinda "meh." Also, the existing holes on the doors are a non standard width so they'll have to be filled.

This is how it looks on the IKEA door. Still "meh."






Painted and filled, waiting on me to make a decision on hardware.

I promise that I have more house than this kitchen, but it's what's taking up the most energy right now. I moved in this past week so things are really hectic! Be patient with me while I crank out these posts. If things go as planned, my next post will show a finished kitchen. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry for the late response. I've been having trouble with comments.

      Delete
  2. Stunning!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!

    ReplyDelete